Friday, October 3, 2008

The ONE Self-Sabotaging Thing You Do Every Day That Keeps You From Making 7-Figures In Your Business

QUOTE: "Most people confuse wishing and wanting with pursuing. You must place your trust in ACTION." - Price Pritchett

I've been hearing this one question a lot recently: "Fabienne, what did you actually DO to multiply your 1ncome so quickly? How did you get to a million and can I do it too?" Well, the answer is "Yes, you can do it too" and it's important to realize that it comes down to several different things: Authentic and compelling marketing, systems for everything, a team, different sources of income, leverage, etc.

But, believe it or not, those are actually the easy part, because you can be shown exactly how to do this (I show you how in my Workshop-in-a-box). The difficult part is actually a two step process, two steps that seem very simple on the outside, but that few people actually DO anything about. In fact, this is so deceptively simple that most people ignore its importance and look for something way more complex. But it comes down to:
  1. Making a decision
  2. Doing what it takes
I know, it might seem like child's play, but most people never actually get clear about WHAT they want in the first place, and then they don't make a commitment to getting it. So the first thing to do is to decide that you are going to reach a big goal. Then, you must be OK with doing whatever it takes to get it, as if your life depended on it.

Believe it or not, that's where most people fail in this process. They throw out a lofty goal, but when it comes to actually DOING what it takes, they let their mindset and their fears get in the way. The ideas and opportunities to reach that big goal are right there, smack in front of them, but they don't take action on them. I saw this happen recently with a client. She asked me, "Fabienne, I set this huge goal for myself, and the year's almost over, but I'm not even halfway to reaching it. What happened? What am I doing wrong?"

The answer I gave her was that, despite the lofty goal, her BEHAVIOR hadn't changed very much. Despite progress in other areas, she kept stopping herself, and kept doing the same things, worrying about the same things (not knowing the how, not enough mo-ney, not enough time, you know the drill...)

We'd given her all the different ways to make her goal happen quickly and two-fold, but she never implemented the ideas. The HOW was right in front of her, but she got in her own way, and essentially sabotaged her potential 1ncome by not taking action on the idea. And that's one thing that I've gotten really clear about recently. The "how" is always right there, right under your nose, ready for the picking.

In fact, there was a time in my own business, not too long ago, where I could never have imagined making this much in one year. But the opportunities to do so were already there. In fact, one idea that I'm implementing right now was an idea I had 4 years ago. 4 years ago!!! And that idea was one that would have brought in a ton of mo-ney back then. Sure, I researched it, did a little bit of due diligence, even asked my ezine subscribers if they had resources and got tons of them. I went as far as investing in the resources I needed to take advantage of that opportunity.

Then, guess what happened?

Nothing, nada, zip. I never did ANYTHING about it. I let the opportunity get stale and covered with dust, and it's because of several different obstacles:
  1. My excuse of not having enough time to implement it
  2. My fear of failure
  3. Essentially, my belief that I wasn't "good enough" or "big enough" to succeed with it
And so, I never achieved the 1ncome potential that this opportunity had in store for me. I'm kicking myself now, but at least, I'm taking action on it now.

Here's the thing: you must realize that the ideas that are given to you are not just silly ideas. They are divinely brought to you. My mentor always says, "If you are given an idea, then too you are given the way to achieve it. You wouldn't be able to have the idea without also receiving the 'way' to accomplish it too. It's universal law." And that's really important for you to remember.

Until you are ready to see what's already right under your nose, without discounting it as "not feasible", you aren't going to grow. Remember that the idea you got in the shower, or the idea your mastermind members brainstormed with you didn't actually come from them or you. It was divinely given THROUGH them.

And you are given ideas like these ALL THE TIME! It is the Universe's way of guiding you on a daily basis, literally pulling you by the hand and pointing you in the direction that will help you accomplish your dreams, but the question is... are you listening? Are you going to do something about it? If you're not where you want to be financially in your business, one of the major reasons is your non-action. If you're still at the same place you were before, it's because you're unwilling to take advantage of the opportunity that is right in front of you, and has been for a long time.

And I know you're probably tired of hearing, "To get different results, you need to do things differently", but in my experience (especially this year) it is absolutely true. To get a quantum leap in your business, you must be willing to DO what you haven't done before, to be courageous, to walk into the opportunity and even to walk into the fear you have associated with it.

And please don't let the simplicity of what I'm telling you undermine the importance of the message. This 'arrogance' of thinking, "Oh, I already know that!" is another form of self-sabotage and it's keeping you from making a whole lot more in your business. Here's an example: Someone told me last week that some of this is "basic" stuff. That they already knew this.

Frankly, I felt bad for this person. I almost wanted to say, "OK then, if you already "know" this, what's YOUR 1ncome this year?" You see, your 1ncome will be your gauge to see how much you "know" this stuff. If it's not where you want it to be, then you don't "know" it yet, you've just heard of it. In fact, you don't "know" anything until you live it, breathe it and take action on it day in and day out. Makes sense?

Your Assignment:

Get clear on the opportunities that are right under your nose. Take a sheet of paper and at the top, write down your big goal. Don't be shy, no one's watching. In big, bold letters, write what you want in your business. Then, either knowing (or pretending) that you could not fail, list all the opportunities that you already have right in front of you to make those happen. I know they're there. I can always spot them for people and that's the power of a mastermind. Having people see the opportunities that are right in front of them. But list them all. And then begin to take action on each and every one of them with courage and fearlessness. Your 1ncome will never be the same.

All that said, I urge you NOT to forget the authentic and compelling marketing, systems for everything, a team, different sources of income, leverage, etc. When you market authentically and consistently, using ONLY what works, your goals become big-time easy. When you set up systems for everything in your business and a team to support you, you have more time to devote to implementing the big opportunities. When you set up additional sources of 1ncome, both passive and leveraged, you make a whole lot more, working half the time.

Not sure where to start with all of this? The solution is The Client Attraction Workshop-in-a-Box. It avoids all the extraneous stuff that could distract your growth and instead gives you the most important things to do to make twice as much, working half the time. It's my own process, the one I've shared with my top-level clients and you'll be blown away by how precise and generous I am with the "how". Every resource is laid out. The closing the sale script, the way to make passive 1ncome easily, everything. It's all step-by-step, not a big mishmash of things. So, you do step one, and when you're done with that, you move on to step two, and so on. All the tools are handed to you on a silver platter. Just look at the success stories and get your own copy at www.ClientAttractionWorkshopInaBox.com

© 2008 Client Attraction LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Want to use this article on your website or your own ezine? No problem! But here's what you MUST include:

Fabienne Fredrickson, The Client Attraction Mentor, is founder of the Client Attraction System®, the proven step-by-step program that shows you exactly how to attract more clients, in record time...guaranteed. To get your F.R.E.E. Audio CD by mail and receive her weekly marketing & success mindset articles on attracting more high-paying clients and dramatically increasing your income, visit www.ClientAttraction.com.

No comments: